Thursday, September 25, 2008

Voice Finding

So if people have bothered to read the previous post, then you know that I planned, and later failed, to write several posts this week about collaboration in the classroom. That is, ways that teachers could use new technology to connect better with other teachers, students, and parents.

However, when push came to shove, I lost passion. This was mainly due to lack of experience. I love using technology, effective collaboration, and teaching, but I haven't spent enough time as a teacher to really know what teachers need technological help with. I was trying to push my passions together, and while that can often produce something wonderful, this time it felt forced.

This forcedness is evident in the previous post that is not nearly as natural sounding as my first post. Upon reflection, I've decided to not follow through with the planned series.

Also, I'm going to take a few days off to figure out what this blog is for. At the most base foundation, this blog is a homework assignment, but it also should be more. Blogs need a voice and a passion and this weekend I'm going to plan how to give this blog what it requires of me while still being able to fulfill the assignment's requirements.

Just be a little bit more patient.

No comments: