Thursday, October 9, 2008

Voice Finding: Coda

Neil Patrick Harris photographed by Eric SchwabelOne time last year in a sociology class a friend of mine commented that she wished that she could think as fast as I do. After talking to her briefly about what she meant by that, I commented that I did not think faster than her, I simply started talking sooner than her. While she would sit quiet until she knew what she was going to say, I tend to start talking and figure out what I'm going to say as I say it.

Last week I briefly reflected on my aims and objectives about this blog. However, I did not really know what I wanted out of the blog until I posted about it. Therefore now I'm going to again post about what I want out of this blog.

Simply and concisely put: this blog is not about me becoming a better teacher or a better historian. This blog is a way in which I will become a better teacher and a better historian. It forces me to sit down and think about my obsessions and then write about them. Now this does not really change any of my objectives for this blog, but it will change how I write and what I write about.

Also, I'm going to start holding unto blog posts for a few days until I know what I'm going to say so I don't end up posting twice about everything.

On a unrelated note: Just realized that Neil Patrick Harris in not only in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, but also in Assassins, my favorite musical, which maybe sometime I'll blog about.

No comments: